Tempest Revenues & Benefits
Start date ASAP
Responsible to the Recovery Team Leader in respect of recovery of Council Tax, Non Domestic Rate, Sundry Income/Debt including Former Tenant Arrears and Council Mortgages.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to communications from members of the general public in respect of the recovery of Council Tax, NNDR accounts, Sundry Income/Debt including Former Tenant Arrears and Council Mortgages, personally, verbally or in writing in accordance with procedures. Conduct means enquiries ensuring arrears are paid to set targets.
- Balancing of accounts including the re-allocation of monetary values where necessary and the preparation of transfer documentation between funds.
- Obtain all necessary information and documentation to facilitate recovery of debts.
- Establish and monitor arrears cases in accordance with targeting instructions, prepare notices to be served, confirm residence of debtor, recommend further action where residence cannot be confirmed and maintain debtor records.
- Prepare bad debt cases for write off, including costs withdrawal in accordance with established procedures.
- Retain a detailed knowledge of the law relating to Council Tax and Non Domestic Rates, Mortgages and Sundry Income/Debt and an outline knowledge of associated benefit regulations, advise where appropriate.
- Report to the Recovery Team Leader on the implications of any changes in procedures affecting accounts.
- Maintain a working knowledge of front-end computer software appropriate to the duties and responsibilities.
- Record data on work levels and report to the Recovery Team Leader.
- Assist with the preparation of Court documents and attend County and Magistrates Court with the appropriate office appearing on behalf of the Council.
- Liaise with, receive and provide information to other staff/sections, Local Authorities and other organisations/individuals where instructed.
- Process cases for referral to the Bailiff and returns from the Bailiff for further action in accordance with guidelines.
- Make, monitor and enter onto the computer system all payment arrangements.
- Ensure all targets are achieved and procedures are observed as directed.
- Carry out reasonable allied duties to the above within the context of the Section’s/Department’s responsibilities
Should you be interested please send over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 02036513181 (option 3)