Tempest Revenues & Benefits
We are looking for an temporary team member to look after a caseload of approximately 500 tenants who are in receipt of Housing Benefit.
You will need the following
An understanding of the administration of housing benefits including
- Making a claim for Housing Benefit
- Doing manual calculations to work out HB entitlement based on financial circumstances
- What documentary evidence is required to support the claim,
- The timescales for making a claim,
- How review of claims are dealt with including timescales
- Cancellation of claims and calculation of overpayments
- Understanding and explaining Housing Benefit notifications
- Checking HB payments have been received at the correct amount of entitlement
You will be required to liaise closely with our Housing Officers and other partners and stakeholders including Local Authorities, Adult Social Care Services, Vulnerable tenants and our care providers
You will also be assisting with ensuring that partial payers make their rent shortfalls and pay for ineligible services
You will also be assisting with obtaining SMI discounts for Council Tax.
Knowledge and experience of Outlook, Word and excel is required (particularly excel as monitoring financial payments via excel is required)
Knowledge and experience of SASSHA housing systems is desirable but full training will be given.
Position is office based, remote working can be arranged after 1 week in the office (just outside Nottingham) to receive training.