Tempest Revenues & Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a high performing service and play a crucial role in
delivering services to one of London’s most dynamic and diverse boroughs.
The interim Head of Revenues will lead the service’s recovery from the impacts of COVID-19
and a major cyberattack, and development of our future service model for collection of
income – delivering our ambition for a ‘One Council’ approach for collection and debt
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- As a member of the Finance and Corporate Resources Directorate Divisional Management Team you will be responsible for the successful delivery of the Mayor’s priorities, Council’s corporate objectives, and the business objectives of your designated services.
- To provide effective leadership and management that will contribute to the continuous improvement of the Council.
- To actively contribute to Council-wide and directorate initiatives that will achieve and implement the Mayor’s priorities and corporate objectives.
- To lead and manage the Revenues Service maximising income to the Council by ensuring the accurate registration of all liable persons and organisations, the prompt billing, collection and enforcement of all amounts due to the Council from local taxation
- To ensure an economic, efficient and cost effective, high quality customer focused service in accordance with Government legislation, guidelines issued by professional bodies and the Council’s vision and values.
SERVICE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
To be the Head of Revenues with direct responsibility for the strategic leadership and management of the following services
- Council Tax
- Non Domestic Business Rates
- Housing Benefits Overpayments
- Former Tenants Accounts –Temporary Accommodation