Benefits Assessor needed in the North East
- Have experience in similar role is required
- Be fully proficient in use of Northgate systems (should you have extensive experience but not yet have the system knowledge your application will still be considered)
- Familiar with processes for Blue Badge applications.
- Will be home working
- Assist the Benefits Assessment Team Leader in all aspects of benefit administration and ensure that an effective and efficient standard of service is provided.
- Exchanging orally and in writing complex and contentious information with a range of audiences, including non specialists and assisting in the compilation of benefit claims.
- Verify, determine and process all types of housing benefit and council tax benefit claims and changes of circumstance.
- Issue requests for information as required and take follow-up action including suspension and cancellation.
- Revise decisions as necessary on receipt of new information or evidence.
- Notify customers of their entitlement and appeal rights.
- At all contact with claimants, payees and their representatives, emphasise their duty to notify all changes promptly, encourage them to do so, and inform or remind them of how and where to make such reports.
- Determine the cause and recoverability of overpayments and excess benefit and if recoverable decide from whom to seek recovery.